A grand-scale urban gathering place
Situated between Nanaimo’s quaint downtown boutiques and a gorgeous harbour front, the Vancouver Island Conference Centre is both a high-tech marvel and an artfully designed beauty. The full-service convention venue includes 38,000 square feet of meeting, exhibition, ballroom and auditorium space that accommodates events for up to 1,300 people.
Exquisite hand-blown glass pendant lighting and other decorative accents evoke the latest in contemporary design ideals. Beneath the elegance is a hard-working convention space: A 2,000-square-foot kitchen with industry-leading equipment. A service elevator that can hold a full-size SUV. A power supply with enough amps to run a small sawmill. And more.
- 9 multi-purpose meeting rooms
- 13,697-sq.ft. ballroom – divisible into 4 salons
- 200-seat tiered Shaw Auditorium
- 16,000-sq.ft. Nanaimo Museum
- 2 entrance lobbies
- 2 spacious pre-function areas
- 300-space underground parking garage
- 800-seat tiered Port Theatre (adjacent)
Floor plans & capacities
See the limitless possibilities of an open-concept floor plan and check room capacities.